Continued from A Day Late or Short One- MD Challenge Day 2 Part 1

Here's a photo of the Lens in Hooper Strait Lighthouse-

Here's a photo of the Fog Bell tower originally at Point lookout. It's on the grounds of the Chesapeake Maritime Museum right next to Hooper Strait Lighthouse.

We left the Museum and decided to take a ride over to Tilghman Island. It was a good decision- we got to see another new Lighthouse for us- Sharp's Island.

If you drive down to the very end of RT 33 which goes from St michaels to Tilghman Island you get a distant view (about 3 miles) of Sharps Island Lighthouse.

I was driving along and noticed this object out in the water that had a strange slant to it. I thought it might be a Lighthouse but wasn't sure. I parked at the end of the road near a Observation Post of some sort and took a closer look with my binoculars and lo and behold it was a Lighthouse. I couldn't remember the name of it, but I knew I had seen photos of it before.

I took this photo- at maximum zoom (equvilent of 350mm). It's not a great photo but you can see it.

We drove back to St Michaels and stopped to eat at a restaurant called Chesapeake Landing. If you are in the area stop there- the food is plentiful and good and the prices are not bad.

Dennis

continued in The Day After The Challenge

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000874