Esther and I decided it was too nice a day this past Sunday for me to watch football all day so we decided to go to some lighthouses as part of the 2010 NJ Lighthouse Challenge.

We did not leave Trenton until just after noon so I knew we wouldn't make it to too many og the lights so I opted to start at Sea Girt with the hope of possibly seing Greg (Fitzgerald) there.

Unfortunately he had been there on Saturday and had decided to do some Geo-Cacheing on sunday instead.

I did get to speak with Conrad, though. I had some dealings with him while helping John setup the bus tour of NJ while at the HL Reunion in Baltimore.

The 2010 version of the NJ Lighthouse Challenge was a bit different- the NJLHS had decided to take a year off when no one stepped up to replace the Co-Coordinators of the Challenge.

The managers of the NJ lighthouses banded together na dquickly organized a replacement event. They did a very good job from what I saw at the 3 lighthouses we managed to get to on Sunday.

Here are several photos of Sea girt from the street-

We went inside and toured the lighthouse and spoke a bit with both the lighthouse volunteers and the ladies taking care of the Challenge as well. They indicated that it had been going well with the Challenge - not quite as many as in the past but still a good turnout.

We climbed up to the Tower Room stairs and waited our turn to go up- only 3-4 people fit comfortably at one time. I spent this time talking with Conrad about various topics.

Here's a photo of the bulbs / lens -

I took some photos of the view from the Lantr room as well. Here's one of them in which you can see one of the ATN.

We went back down did some more talking with the volunteers and then went on our way to the next stop- Sandy Hook.