Larry,

Watch Hill is a hard place to find. You can drive by the little road several times before you realize that it's not a driveway.

Just wake up the Security guard sitting at the end and let him know your're just going down to see the Lighthouse.

There's a nice little area to park the car. There's a grerat big sign telling you not to enter the fenced in area- it's private property.

If your're lucky and have a good set of binoculars or a camera with a good lens you'll be able to see Stonington across the way.

If you get to the Pt Judith area with some time to spare you can get a view of Plum Beach Light one of two ways- you can see it on the way to Jamestown Island on the bridge or you can go down Rt 138 North to the Rt 1A (Scenic 1) Exit North and go to Plum Beach Rd turn right and go to the end to Rip Tide RD.

This road is a little loop road that gives you a view of Plum Beach Lighthouse. there are signs there that say No Parking so keep the car running and someone in the driver's seat.

The Holiday Inn in South Kiongston is not a bad place to stay. We stayed there a couple of times while visiting our daughter at the University of RI in Kingston.

There's also a very nice (and cheaper) Best Western just up the road on US 1 in north Kingston. It's about 15-20 minutes from the Ferry Dock and they have a little cafe that has a great (and inexpensive) breakfast.

As for Block Island- there are scooters you can rent, good taxi service, bikes but unless your family is used to riding distances on bikes the North Light is a long ride on a bike followed by a walk of almost a mile out to the light.

South East Block is not too far out of town so a bike ride there is more doable and the light is right on the road. I'm not sure what the schedule is for tours in the Spring.

You would probably be best served by leaving your car on the Mainland and taking taxis on the Island. Just my opinion.

As for the other lights when you leave the Pt Judith/ Kingston area you have a number of options.

Option one- go over the Jamestown Bridge and go to the end of the Island and you get Beavertail. They have a nice little Museum there as well as a touch me type of exhibit for the kids (of all ages). You will be able (hopefully) to see Catle Hill across the water as you leave from Beavertail.

There is also a view of what's left of Dutch Island from the Campground on the other side of Jamestown Island.

At the opposite tip of Jamestown Island from Beavertail there is the Conanicut Light- or what's left of it. You can get a view of this, but it's better seen from the water. The lantern room has been removed.

Leaving Jamestown Island you go over the Newport Bridge. while on the bridge you get a view of Rose Island. This light has been painstakingly rebuilt to it's former glory.

You can take a boat out to this light , again I'm not sure of the schedule in the Spring. It leaves from either Newport Harbor or from Jamestown Island. It's a loop water taxi.

If you find you can't get out to it there are places you can view it in Newport. You can also go onto the grounds of the Hyatt in Newport Harbor to get a look at Goat Island (Newport Harbor) Light.

This one is also seen when taking the Water Taxi from Rose Island to Newport Harbor.

Continuing on into Newport you can get a glimpse of Lime Rock from Ft Adams Park.

You can then go out towards the Mansions of Newport and take the Ocean Dr loop. This will take you by the Mansions- new and old and will take you around to Castle Hill Lightouse.

When you leave Newport you can go towards Bristol. At the end of Ferry st you can get a view of the Bristol Ferry Lighthouse.

There is also the Prudence Island Lighthouse- this requires taking a ferry and walking about a mile to the light.

Here's wher you have an option- you can cross over to tiverton and then go south the the end of the road to get a view of Sakkonnet Light or you can continue north.

If you go north you take RI 114 to RI 103 to the Barrington area. When 114/103 turn to the right you'll go left on Rumstick Rd for a bit until you get to Nayatt Rd then turn left and follow it out to the Nayatt Point Lighthouse. This one is also best seen by water or from the other side by Coniminicut Light

You can then go north on Washington Rd which chasnges to Salisbury Rd to RI 103 to East Providenc eto the bike path off of where you can get a view of Ponham Rocks.

Continue on up to Providence get onto Veteran's Memorial Pky to I-195 to I-95 south to SR 37 to US 1 South turn left on Airport Rd and continue and it will become RI 117 south continue on this road until you get to Symonds Ave turn left and go to Point Ave and turn right. this will take you out to a small park where you will get a close up view of Conanimicut Light. With good binoculars or camera you will be able to see Nayatt Point across the water.

Then retrace your path back out to RI 117 and continue south to Warwick Neck Rd. turn left. follow this to the end and you will get a view of the back of Warwick Light. It is also one better seen from the water, but this one you can get close to either way.

This will bring you to the end of the line in RI on this option. Retrace your track to West Shore Rd (RI 117) and go south and you will intersect with I-95.

Sorry for the length. hope it helps.

Dennis