Who could resist a beautiful Autumn day on Cape Cod. Lorna and I couldn't. We drove the 120 miles out to the tip of Cape Cod, better known as Provincetown. I secured the Jeep at the beginning of the breakwater and Lorna and I proceeded to hike the seven-tenths of a mile to the beach on the other side. We then headed northwest for about a half mile and ended up at Wood End Light. The lighthouse is in fantastic shape and appears to be very well cared for for such a remote place by our standards. Here's one of several pics I took:

After a pleasant stay "moving my feet" Mr. Brady, Lorna and I then proceeded southeast for about a mile and a half across the nice soft sand to Long Point Light. It's also in great shape but the paint is thinning:

After our P-Town experience, we took a quick ride past Race Point but it was too far away to get a decent pic. After covering almost five miles in sand and the P-Town breakwater, we voted not to hike it out to Race Point at that time.

The next stop was Highland Light:

This light is in excellent shape and very well maintained.

The next stop was at Nauset Light:

This light was always a favorite of mine. It is in great shape but the red paint is starting to fade.

We also stopped at the Three Sisters of Nauset. I'll start a new topic to post their pictures.

smile Bob smile