Back in '98, we did a cruise from Vancouver to Ketchiken, Juneau, Skagway, and got off the ship in Seward and were bussed to Anchorage where we flew back to Seattle. We did see some of the lights on the inside passage. We left Vancouver about 4:30 p.m. You maybe able to see the light in Stanley Park. We saw it in '04 when we did an America By Rail from Chicago to Everett, WA, etc. We spent one night in Vancouver and were able to get a cab to take us to Stanley Park and see that light, Brocton Point. It was the mystery light in Lighthouse Digest a couple of years ago.

On that rail trip, we took the ferry from the northern end of Vancouver Island to Prince Rupert and saw most of the lights on the inside passage (that's the same passage the cruise ships use). We saw several when we did the cruise, but when we went by ferry, the Captain named the lights. The rest of the rail trip was done on rail from Prince Rupert to Banff. We were then bussed to Shelby, MT where we got back on the train and went back to Chicago.

Last August we did another Alaskan cruise, this time out of Seattle. I can't remember any of the lights in the passage, but Sitka was on our itinerary this time. (I was disappointed it wasn't on our first.) Rockwell Light is on an island in the Sitka harbor area. It is "cute".

I hope this helps.

Ellie