I hate the cold, but I love Lighthouses. Plus I don't have any pictures yet of Lighthouses with snow around them. :p I remember last winter when my husband was in Detroit, they got some snow and even had a few days that they couldn't go to work, but for the most part it wasn't that bad. Of course, being a Good Ole Florida Girl as I am, I freeze when the weather is below the frigid mark of 73º! frown

When it comes to getting into a Lighthouse or a base that has a Lighthouse, I just about have no pride. I will beg, plead, and sweet talk as much as I have to, to get into the Lighthouse. wink A lot of the time I tell them that I am with the Florida Lighthouse Association and am just visiting, it seems to get me into a lot of places. That's how my husband and I got a personal tour of Sapelo Island Lighthouse back in July. It's either that or they let me in just so that I'll leave them alone and they think it will get rid of me! smile

About quitting my job - I have been with the company for 4½ years. My boss is great and is like a father to me now (I'm the daughter he never had nor wanted!). We have a small office and it would take a lot to train someone else to do my job - I'm the Operations Assistant (fancy word for Purchasing/Scheduling Secretary). I am a very independent person and hate giving up my career. I lived on my own for over 3 years and learned that a good job is hard to find. I also make good money for the area and hate the idea of giving it up, especially if I decide that I hate all the traveling. I also have two cats - one I've had for 8 years and one I've had for 6 years. I wouldn't have to give them up, but I wouldn't be able to see them all the time. It's really a lot to give up, so I still have a lot of thinking to do. Though I really love the idea of not working and travelling to see Lighthouses. My husband also tried to sweeten the idea by promising to buy me an expensive camera and pay for photography classes. Oh the decisions! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your suggestions - does anyone know of a good book for Canada Lighthouses with DIRECTIONS!? I have not been able to find one that had directions yet. Please let me know a title so I can get it. Thanks!

BJE

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org