As I stated in another forum I got started after a trip to Hilton Head Island in April 1999.

I climbed Harbor Town Light , but did not buy anything lighthouse then, except a shirt. i was surfing the net one night and happened upon a Collectibles Store site and saw the Harbour Lights version and was impressed enough to buy it. (Even if it was "only" a GLOW- of course I had no idea what that meant at the time)

I had actually visited 5 Lighthouses in Maine in September 1997- but as I tell my clients at AAA there's a rule that says if you visit Maine for more than opne day you have to visit at least 1 Lighthouse. I'm not quite sure what it was about Harbortown that caught my interest more than Portland Head, Cape Elizabeth, Marshall Point, Pemaquid Point and Owl's Head.

I've been to 158 since then, not counting repeat trips. I've been to all the landbased Lighthouses in NJ. We've gotten to many in NY, MA, RI, CA, GA, SC, DE, MD, FL, CT and a few in OR, VA and ME.

We hope to get to the Delaware Bay Lighthouses this Summer and to get back to the West Coast so we can finish up OR and CA and get to some in WA and British Columbia.

I also hope to finally get out to Long Island one of these days- we've been to a few, but not most of them.

Dennis