Quote:
Originally posted by Tybee_Sullivan:
Ok, my wife and I are in Florida to photograph my sister's wedding....I can't wait until this hectic vacation is over. Its been full of drama. But, on Monday, we stopped at Ponce Inlet because my wife hadn't seen it. We got there at sunset and the place was closed, but we stil got some cool photos...

Wednesday, we set out to photograph Jupiter, Hillsboro, and Cape Florida.

At Jupiter, there is a guided tour that is required. We didn't realize that and this took about an hour and a half off our trip time...which we had planned so that we would miss rush hour traffic in Miami. Our guide was less than impressive too. He was very limited in his presentation about the lighthouse, and said that he really doesn't care about lighthouses, and just worked there. Here is Jupiter Inlet:

Then, we started out to Hillsboro Inlet. It started POURING rain on the way, and I was getting really irritated. I was going to wait until the rain stopped no matter what. We came to 14th street SE and on top of the rain and the lost time at Jupiter, the drawbridge was malfunctioning. We were sitting there for 20 minutes. Finally, we got across and to 16th st. The rain had stopped, and we got some really good photos of the light with menacing clouds in the sky.

Then, rain and all, we headed back on to I95 to Cape Florida. We could see the northbound nightmare that awaited us on the way back. I-95 north was a parking lot. We went down to the beach to see the lighthouse. It was not as big as I thought, but its still a beauty.

You can see that it was still cloudy and rainy, but it semed to let up while we were in the park, but seemed to come back when we got into the I-95 North parking lot. violin

You can also see the Fowey Rocks lighthouse in the distance. It was too far away to get a photo though. There is a breakwater around the tip of Key Biscayne. It is worth walking around because there is a reef all around it with the beautiful reef fish. We also saw a 6 ft stingray swimming along. It was actually better than going to an aquarium because it was natural.

This space for rent. Inquire within.