Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
Thanks for sharing this adventure. With the challenge of the cactus, did either of you go up close to the station? From your shot, it looks like the buildings aren't in too bad shape, as you note. Wonder if there is anything in there at all. (Kind of a rhetoric question - figure looters would have cleaned out anything left behind)

I do like your image of Cape Romain, especially with both towers. Your Georgetown image is also nice, including so much of the station.
The buildings are in good shape. There is one building that was used for bunking. The bunk beds are still there, and are in very good shape. But, it looks like someone was using it as a staging area to hunt deer. There was dried corn all over the floor. The windows have all been broken out, but the walls are all intact.

I did go inside the lighthouse, but didn't climb it. It has a concrete staircase. I would like to go back there sometime to really take in the area, and climb the lighthouse. This time, I wasted so much time with the cactus, and I didn't want to hold Captain Gallager and Megan up, so I didn't stay long once I got back on to the walkways.

This space for rent. Inquire within.