Well, the 14 lighthouses trip didn't happen as planned...stimulus check didn't arrive in time. But, we did give Captain Gallager a call, and he took us out to the Georgetown and Cape Romain lighthouses.

There are signs up at Georgetown that say No Trespassing, but when we got there, we saw people at the top of the lighthouse. Safety in numbers, I guess. But, when we got off the boat, I took my shoes off. Megan stayed on the beach, butI went into the grounds, and tried to go behind the lighthouse for some different angles photos of it. Big mistake, as the whole area is full of small cactus...that I didn't notice (step on) until I was about 20 yards off the path. I spent a good 10 minutes just trying to get back to the path. I must have picked 20 cactus out of my bare feet.

Anyway, it is a very nice light, and it wouldn't take much to fix it up. It is still operational too. It has a solar powered lens that comes on at dusk.

Here is Georgetown

Then, on to Cape Romain. You can't go ashore there at all. But, the view that you do get is spectacular. Captain Gallager told us that there are wild goats on the island, which have been there since the light was last manned in the 40's. We didnt see them though. We did see several dolphins, and got some great closeup photos of them.

This view is spectacular. It shows the low country waterway as well as the lights.

That's all for now. Hopefully, we'll do the Outer Banks and Virginia soon.

This space for rent. Inquire within.