As I mentioned in my Welcome thread, I am a wedding and portrait photographer, and was assimilated into the lighthouse fanatic crowd in 2006. The first lighthouses I shot were Harbour Town, Haig Point, Tybee, Cockspur, Hilton Head Rear Range, and Hunting Island.

After that, I met my significant other, Megan. We both have a love for history, and she liked lighthouses for that reason, but had never seen one. She liked to read about them.

Me (My name is Bill, by the way) on the jetty at Tybee Island

The Lovely Megan at the top of the St. Augustine Lighthouse

On our first date, I took her to see Harbour Town, Hilton Head Rear Range, as well as Coligny Beach on Hilton Head. I brought my telescope, and showed her the Tybee Island Lighthouse.

Here are photos of the ones I shot before I met her.

Harbour Town...

Haig Point..

Hilton Head Rear Range

Hunting Island

Now, as I said, we went to Ft. Pulaski. I had been there before, and my photos of Cockspur were less than spectacular. But, we were at the top of the fort, and could see Cockspur in the distance. We looked, and saw PEOPLE near the lighthouse. We figured that there was either a path I hadn't seen before or a new one. So, we walked down a long open area behind the fort, and got to the end, and we were still a quarter of a mile or more away. We walked all the way back, and saw a sign just 20 feet from where we left the perimeter of the fort's grounds. The sign pointed a different direction. It is a new path that wasnt there when I went there before. Its about a mile and a half walk, but well worth it. At low tide, you can get about 50 yards away from the lighthouse.

Cockspur

And, here is Tybee

More to come soon...

This space for rent. Inquire within.