Quote:
Originally posted by wheland:
Quote:
Originally posted by grandmaR:
[b] He said it was the same ship - one view is from the side and the other view is kind of 3/4ths from the stern so it shortens things up. Although it does look a bit like the bow is different.
Rosalie,

Thanks for all the background info on Fort Monroe. It seems like just about anyplace somebody puts up photos of you were there before them- in some cases long before them. smile (Must be because you're grandma rosalie laugh )

You are correct and not correct at the same time. I did say it was the same ship in two photos at Fort Monroe but I also posted a photo of another ship berthed near the Lightship Portsmouth.

That is the second ship Dave has identified for me.

Dave- thanks for the info on both ships. I thought the second one looked a bit like a carrier- I was thinking it might be what they sometimes call a pocket carrier but your id makes sense as well.

Dennis [/b]
Oh - I didn't even SEE that one. I couldn't understand how either of those pictures could be of an AC carrier.

I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread - but there are LOTS of places I have not been - I've not seen any of the Great Lakes lighthouses or those in NJ, nor any Canadian ones, and very few in New England. Mostly we are in the Chesapeake in the summer and go south in the winter, and then I go on some kind of grandchild trip in the spring.