Stan's in Atlantic City playing rounds of golf at three different courses this weekend. This is an annual thing with the guys he plays golf with on Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings all summer. He phoned me about 6 PM to let me know he'd arrived safely and that they'd played a course on the way into AC. Hadn't rained all afternoon.

It's been nonstop torrential downpours here in Kent, CT all day. It's 11:40 PM and it's just now begun raining slower. The runoff brook on our property is a full-fledged river with whitewater rapids. I corralled the UPS driver into backing up the RV to get it off the parking area specifically put in to park the behemoth two weeks ago because the water is running over the driveway and parking area. I can rest easy tonight knowing the RV isn't going for a driverless spin. I may wake to find I can't get out of the yard, but all the vehicles are on higher ground.
I really believe we're being punished--anybody know how to build an ark?? Hope everybody doing the challenge gets through safely--river's won't crest for sometime after the rain stops, so be careful out there.