Since Stephen, aka Jakers, had no classes last Friday and the weather was nice and sunny we decided to head north to see a couple of lighthouses he hadn't yet seen. We crossed the American Span of the 1000 Islands Bridge to Wellsley Island. Then we went to the western end of the island to the settlement of 1000 Islands Park. This place is a summer colony that started out as a religious campground complete with a tabernacle and lots of victorian houses. This time of year we saw very few people. This is also the best place to view the Rock Island Lighthouse. These photos aren't the greatest as the sun was starting to get closer to the light. Also because they're mine and not Jakers, which no doubt are much better. However since he hasn't posted any of his you'll have to settle for mine.

After stopping to eat lunch at the only place open, a gas station/convenience store, we headed for the east end of the island for some views of Boldt Castle and the Boldt Castle Yacht house. I didn't take any digitals of them.

Then we headed back across the bridge and east again to Alexandria Bay. I'll continue this later.