I decided that if I couldn't volunteer all day at a Lighthouse we could at least make a short trip to a couple of Lighthouses.

We drove down to Sea Girt to start and got some photos and got to meet a couple of people that I have traded e-mails and posts with over the years- Conrad who helped me to assist john with hios Bus tour of the NJ Lighthouses at the Baltimore Reunion and Greg "Seagirt" of the Forums.(He was the only forum Member I ran into today and we both had our Wacko Badges).

Here's a shot of the Sea Girt Lighthouse followed by a shot of "Sea Girt" (Sorry for the fuzziness- it looked great on the camera and I can't get it to sharpen)

I also got a shot of the Australian Fourth Order Lens that Sea Girt purchased on Ebay last year. The NJ Lighthouse society donated to the cause- our money was used to ship the Lens from Australia.

We left Sea Girt and drove on down to Sandy Hook. I got to talk to a number of people that I have not seen for awhile due to not being able to volunteer at Sandy Hook or get to the last two NJLHS Meetings.

Here's a phot of Sandy Hook. The Keeper's House in under restoration right now. I couldn't get any info on how much longer it would be. It looks like not too much work has been done yet. It will hopefully be finished over the winter and reopen next year in April.

We left there and drove over to Navesink (Twin Lights) and got to se some more old friends from the NJLHS- including Tom Laverty who is now a TV star. He was featured in a bit on the Jay Leno show last month by Kevin Smith ( a somewhat crackpot movie director from NJ who does Wierd Attraction tours on the show.)

The wierd part here was when he asked the tour guide how the Light in the Tower flashed it cut to Tom Laverty in the basement turning the power on and off. Sorry I don't have a picture of that. laugh

I do have pictures of the South Tower, the North Tower and the First Order Clamshell Lens, though.

The Sun did not cooperate for most of the day- until we had started back home and then it came out and stayed out. Overall it wasn't too bad yesterday and today for this year's Challenge.

I didn't get too many figures but they had almost 2500 people yesterday (Saturday) at Navesink. Of course they usually have the hightest numbers every year as many people show up there not even knowing about the Challenge.

This completed our Mini NJ Lighthouse Challenge as I'm trying to be a good boy and listen to my doctors.

I wish I could have more fully participated and run into more Forum members- maybe next year.

I'm sure others will put some photos and stories from the other Lighthouses later tonight or tomorrow.

Dennis