I just got back from a two day business trip out to Rhode Island and Mass. on Wednesday. Flew into Providence and drove up through Conn. up to Dudley Mass. When I was done on Tuesday I drove all the way back down to stay in Fall River just so I could go see Clarks Point. Wednesday morning drove back up (65 miles) to Dudley, MA., finished business, then drove back down to Newport RI, to see Beavertail, Castle Rock and Rose island. Got a great shot of Rose Island from downtown Jamestown. Had a little trouble finding Castle Rock up close, and kinda ran out of time. Rushed back to the airport and of course, my flight was delayed anyway!

Becki, Beavertail is just at the very bottom of Jamestown. Make sure you find it, It's worth the trip. It's in a state park. If all else fails, ask for directions. (I hear women do that sometimes, personally, being a man I'm not familiar with the practice!)

Two questions, maybe one of you northeasterners can answer. What rusty old caisson light is that right next to the bridge on 138 between Jamestown and Newport? And did I see another light on an island on the north side of the bridge, about a mile away?

Mike