I have no problem with the promotion concept. Businesses do this kind of thing all the time.
You need to find ways to generate traffic at the retail level.

To me, the unfortunate part of the promotion is not spreading it over the whole year. As noted by other collector's, many of us purchased from the 2009 Winter releases because they were ones we wanted. We personally bought 5. Now, becauase the summer release doesn't have lights that interest us, we either have to buy lights we don't want to get Jordan Point or pass on a light we do want.

As Tony himself noted, traffic and sales at retail stores have slowed. For my wife and me personally, we can only afford to collect lights we have seen or are one of the special editions.
Since the summer release only has three that fit our criteria, we will have to pass on getting Jordan Point.

In any case, Harbour Lights has to do what it feels is necessary to support their dealers. If this helps them, that is great. Has it upset some of the "hard-core" collectors? Obviously. Can we all express on opinions here without fear of back-biting, etc? I hope so.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association