Quote:
I must believe that #7100 was the last number that was shipped to a dealer. If what you are saying about the flag numbers being NOT the actual number of pieces shipped and that #9500 Charlotte-Genesee could possibly have been shipped (with somewhere in the middle 2,400 having not been shipped to dealers and subsequently destroyed), then I COULD NOT trust the amount of any Limited Edition actual release.
That assumption isn't quite what I was saying... First of all the lights were produced in groups by the factory not all 9500 would have ever been produced of Charlotte-Genesee for example.. They probably had the 1st 3 or 4,000 Charlotte-Genesee produced in the first run then had more produced as they were selling.. So the 7,100 number would probably be very close to both the high flag number and the amount delivered to dealers.

For example when they produced Hudson-Athens there was an error in the 1st 4,000 because they were producing 4,000 in the initial run..
Hudson-Athens Thread

There were only around 1500 more produced with the error corrected which was probably the amount of the 2nd run at the factory and they didn't produce any more before HL retired the piece early..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!