Bob (& Rich),

I'm going to say something and it is not meant as a criticism- just an observation that has been mentioned before.

There are serious collectors of Harbour lights that are not Connected Collectors and are what you might term people off the street.

They would have an idea of what they have either from reading the Legacy or through membership in a collectors Club. I know this is not quite the type you have in mind when you make your statements thinking about their lack of knowledge of what they have.

I also think that some of the others make the effort to determine what they have- either right then and there or by coming to our Forum to get information. There have been several cases that I can recall where someone won something at a signing and then because someone there mentioned us they came here to investigate.

I also recall instances where some people have mentioned that they took a long time to participate because they felt many here were part of an insular ring of collectors. I know this is not the case but sometimes we can come off that way- myself included.

I think this type of comment when read by some of those new to the Forums that makes them feel that we are a multi-leveled hierarchy here.

I know that for the most part that is not true- but there is just enough truth in the sentiment to be one of the reasons many newbies don't jump in right away and why some never do.

I know that none of us intentionally do this, but it happens all the same. I'm not sure what the answer to the situation is .

Just making an observtion that popped into my head while reading this thread.

Dennis