Something to think about. A lot of people talk about the costs of the reunion. Ok, think back for a moment at how much you spent on your last vacation. If you really think about it when you add the cost of lodging, food, gas, trinkets and any other entertainment costs associated with a vacation, you probably spent just as much if not more than the reunions cost. HL does a fantastic job of lodging, feeding and entertaining reunion attendees for an affordable price. Plus, you get goodies for free that if you had to buy would make your normal vacation costs skyrocket. If you compared what you spent at Disneyworld/land for example, you probably spent more on that type of trip than you did at a reunion. I am no Vanderbilt (but would play one on tv if asked) but any vacation worth taking is normally something you save for anyway. Now, I am not including visiting relatives and staying at their place as a vacation because that is not really a vacation, that's just visiting family. HL gets a bad rap on the forum sometimes because of the cost of the reunions, how often they occur, how many people they can handle, and especially where it is. I personally don't care where or when HL has a reunion. This is a wonderful thing they do that they have no obligation to do for collectors. I cannot think of another collectable line that treats its hardcore collectors so well. HL is in the market of creating and selling collectables, not entertaining collectors and taking them to fabulous locations. As far as Rosemont goes, you forget, this is a TRADE SHOW for HL and other collectable manufacturers and dealers that also has a public part to it. HL needs to be at this tradeshow every year and has no control over where the corporation that runs the trade show offers it.

Ok, time to get off my soap box for now.

I am at the ready when and if HL decides to offer another reunion. smile

Eileen Dunlap
Charlotte, NC