Think I wrote about this before, but. . . .

Stan and I drove the St. Lawrence Seaway Trail some time back. One of the stops we made was at Ogdensburg Harbor Light. The owner was mowing his lawn and Stan asked if he could take some pictures. The owner said he could if the pictures were for his own personal use. Stan told him they were and the man went on detailing how Spoontique reps had come onto the property of this lighthouse, as well as a few other in the area, taken pictures, and produced sculptures of some of the lighthouses--all without the permission of the owners. He and his neighbors were in the midst of filing a lawsuit at the time of our visit. Apparently there were items that were on the grounds depicted in the sculpture that could only have been shown if the photographs were taken recently, so this owner knew someone had trespassed in his absence.

The owner was very accommodating, allowing Stan to climb to the lens room and take pictures from that angle. I almost had a stroke when our dog (then a 2-year old black lab/border collie mix) decided she wanted to eat the owner's yippy-yappy, tiny pomeranian for lunch. But I digress. . . .