Oh Knowledgeable Ones!

Does Harbour Lights have a policy [or, to rely on corporate terminology, "policies and practices"] not to do representations of decommissioned lighthouses that are now private residences, properties, etc.? I seem to recall that there was, at one time, some "hitch" to their making a Cape Arago, OR, piece [which has just recently come out] because the locale was allegedly the site of some Indian burials, and was thereby deemed "private" or somehow unavailable for a commercial representation. Given that rationale, however, 75% of the real estate west of the Mississippi would be off limits. As I had indicated elsewhere in the Forum, I certainly have on my agenda the creation of a model submission for the Braddock Point, NY, light---AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY---and would hate to think that my efforts would be scuttled because the place is now a private residence. After all, I would not be representing it as it is, today. I know that there are complex copyright laws that apply even to the imagery of architecture, i.e., whether or not you can paint a picture that includes an existing building, etc [and isn't THAT ridiculous?!, because it would all but annihilate landscape and cityscape painting], but I am unclear as to what Harbour Lights guidelines might be. At this point, I don't want to approach them directly on the matter. Insights anyone?

Danny