Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M.
I took one look at this offering, known as Barking Rocks, and thought starving artist sale at the local Holiday Inn and what a dog.
Bob, would you feel any better if they were to throw in an Elvis on black velvet?

I can only think that they are doing this to somehow bring Harbour Lights to the attention on the few odd David Winter collectors that are remaining, hoping maybe to get a few crossovers" I know, it's a big stretch, but how else do you explain it. I mean, here we have a new owner that everyone thinks is in touch with the core collector and then along comes Barking Rocks, a toy piece at $125.00, arguably one of the more expensive H.L.'s to come along in a while. I know this will not make a lot of autoship dealers happy. My dealer has cut back their autoship form 5 to 2, and is still having a hard time getting rid of the 2. Plus, they still have a pile of old event pieces they can't get rid of.

Needless to say, other than the collector that buys them all, of which I knew of 2, and one of those has already stated he'll pass, I see this one as a loser. Not a chance at my house.

Mike