Regionals vs Reunions.

One thing to keep in mind is that some of us wackos don't live near any of the sites that have hosted either a regional or a reunion. When you live in Colorado, the chances of hosting a regional event or reunion are nil. Therefore collectors here must ALWAYS travel a distance to attend.

Not everyone can afford to fly off somewhere every year to a regional event. My wife and I saved and planned for each reunion so we would be able to enjoy it. We could never afford to do that every year to attend a "Super"-regional event.

With enough prior planning and preparation, a cruise could be arranged that would be affordable for everyone. Don't forget that with these huge new cruise ships, room shouldn't be a problem. Plus different packges could be offered at different cost for the various classes of cabins.

Please remember that not all of us wackos live within a days drive of a lighthouse,
great lake or ocean. The reunions are our only opportunity to combine all the things we love (lighthouses, water, great friends, great fun, great food) into one package.

That is my two cents worth.

------------------
Randall Ronne

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association