I agree with Sean that costs should be kept down for us poor folks! As evidenced by the last couple gatherings in Rosemont/Navy Pier Wackos don't need to go first class to have a good time.

While the Baltimore Reunion was very nice for me it was just too large a group. It was nice to have been able to meet some folks for the first time but it was difficult to really spend much time with them. There was just too much going on. Did we really need the boat ride and the aquarium? Do club tables really need to be manned all the time while there were so many other activities to participate in? I know I only had time to do about half the stuff planned. Quality time with good friends is what I prefer.

I'm sure the first and second Reunions are what enabled many of this group to meet in the first place. Since then we've seen the development of the HL site and Collectors Forums thanks to John and others. How many of us have become acquainted through them? At such a large event as a Reunion we may meet and chat with a few additional folks but by and large those who already know each other still gravitate to each other.

This may be heresy but with the establishment of Regional Events, do we still need a Reunion? If the Eastern, Southern and Western Regionals were souped up a bit perhaps they would suffice? Some folks already attend more than one. If, for instance, someone from Region A decided they wanted to meet more people in Region B and they knew they would have a reasonably priced hotel, Wacko gathering and a bit of optional lighthousing available perhaps they would chose to attend. It would just take a few folks to step up and set things up as is done in Chicago. Or as previously mentioned have a Wacko Reunion?

Just my humble opinon.