I guess I'm going to hold my opinion of the policy until after the registration process is completed. To me, this is just a symbolic argument until we know if the policy actually results in the exclusion of anyone or not. I bet we'll be hard pressed to find many (or any) collectors on the 20th or so who were not actually allowed to register.

If the 100 or so (a guess) club members who pre-registered does not result in the exclusion of a call-in registrant, than the only complaint would be that some people had to dial a phone for a few hours, while others were enjoying themselves at a lighthouse event somewhere. If that is the only aspect of unfairness we have to moan about, than we have too much time on our hands. If it DOES result in an exclusion or two, I'll bet HL will go to the mat trying to somehow get those few in. If you remember at the last reunion, half of the HL staff move themselves to another hotel at the last minute to allow some collectors the ability to attend.

I would be more upset if someone like a Chidester or Brady didn't make the cut. They devote so much of their time to HL, that it would really be a shame if they couldn't go. The same goes for those like Jim Johnston, Todd Shorkey, Fred Kuhlman, and others, who are devoting alot of their personal time and effort to lighthouse restoration and the HL clubs, etc. I would be more than willing to give up my slot (if I get one) to those few persons who I personally feel deserve attending more than myself. (A personal opinion, of course).
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 10-02-2000).]