First of all, I wasn’t going to put in my two cents on this topic, but I feel nothing is being gained by repeating the same things over and over. It is understandable that some people are upset over this topic, but people have stated their feelings and now it is time to move on. If someone hasn’t expressed their feelings directly to Harbour lights I suggest that they do so either by telephone, email or in writing.

Secondly, as to whose Reunion this is…. There is absolutely no question that this is Harbour Lights’ Reunion that we are invited to attend. The price may seem high to some but I’ll bet that the monies collected through registration don’t even come close to paying for the expenses. The added workload to their employees before, during and after the Reunion has to be a huge strain on a small company. When one joins the Society, it doesn’t say anything about a Reunion. The Reunion is something that Harbour Lights is offering as an added "thank you" to their collectors.

As to the stated fact on the Website that an individual can’t register early, that is still true. Individuals can’t register early, but the Presidents of the Harbour Lights collectors clubs that were contacted by Harbour Lights can pre-register their members. The clubs have helped Harbour Lights and Bill Younger with the Regional Events this year and this is just a small way that Harbour Lights is rewarding them. The Regional Events are for all collectors (both those in clubs and not in clubs) but the clubs have made the Regional Events succeed.

My final statement on this subject is that people need to check the accuracy of their facts before posting what they assume to be a fact. Not to pick on Joanne but the "button scenario" she described turned out to be in error. In fact it was another case of Maureen and Harbour Lights "going that extra mile" by having an additional 50 buttons produced (at Harbour Lights expense) so the club could raise some money to help them in their lighthouse restoration efforts.

Paul L Brady

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!