Boy, what a topic to return from a road trip and red thru! Having read through the posts and tried to sort out my position on the topic I will offer the following:

1. Its a done deal. We aren't going to change it.
2. I am willing to bet that the folks at HL have beat themselves up over this decision much more than we ever could. As has been pointed out, I am confident that this decision was made with the desire to be sure everyone gets a shot at it.
3. As Digger suggested, and as Sean has noted just now, I would hope that the early registrants get the very highest numbered pieces. At least that is a little compensation for having to phone in.
4. I, too, believe that everyone who wants to attend will be able to.

I can sympathize with those others who will be trying to make the critical phone call on the 14th. We have been working on a club, but just haven't gotten it done yet. Shame on us. As with Art, I can remember the days when I refereed swimming. I may be on the pool deck from 6 AM to 6 PM in a given day. Cell phones work poorly in pool areas and ice arenas!

My wife collects Boyds. They had an event at Rosemont.The call in day was the first day of our spring break lighthousing trip. Susan & Heather were working 2 cell phones in the van while we were coming down out of the mountains into Cherokee NC (and does their cell coverage leave a lot to be desired.)

I already have plans to go to my office and set up my own phone bank to call in. I have told the family I won't be available that morning. I fully expect to be registered that morning, and with a low number! I will succeed as can each of us.

Dave