I keep thinking about the topic posted earlier of 2 separate reunions vs one. I see pros and cons of each, so I thought I would post one of our typical "multiple choice" posts to see what everyone else thinks. Feel free to add a comment next to your answers if you wish....

(1) Would you rather have:
A. One reunion with ALOT of people (700+), possibly crowded, not as intimate, and a little bit of being "herded" along.
B. Two reunions on separate coasts with less people (400+), less crowded, more intimate, but you can only attend one, and will probably miss friends who attend the other reunion.

(2) If there ARE two reunions:
A. HL should have 2 different sculptures representing each reunion (local lighthouse). Attendies can only purchase the one representing the reunion they attend.
B. HL should have 2 different sculptures representing each reunion, but attendies of each reunion also have the option of being allowed to purchase the other reunion's piece too.
C. HL should only make one identical sculpture for each reunion of something non-representative of a local light (Fresnel lens, a keeper of the light statue, etc, etc)
D. HL should not make any special sculpture available at all, so the urge for the secondary market greed would not be there, and the reunion would be more focused to the gathering of the "family", not the "gifts" you receive and their value.
E. Statement D is an idiotic idea!

(3) If there is only one reunion:
A. Limit it to 500-600 attendies and let others bitch and moan.
B. Limit it to 600-800 attendies, possibly crowded as much or more than Providence.
C. Allow more than 800, and break up almost all functions into 2 or 3 separate groups.

(4) Whether at one or two reunions:
A. Limit reservations to only 4 per family max.
B. Limit reservations to only 6 per family max.
C. No limit at all

(5) Which would be your most important statement to make from the following list:
A. Keep the attendance small
B. Only one reunion please
C. Two reunions please
D. Make the reunion sculpture available to society members like the Rose Island sculpture was
E. Keep it cheap!
F. I want my Great Lakes
G. I want my South Atlantic/ Gulf Coast
H. I want my Mid Atlantic
I. I want my North Atlantic
J. I want my West Coast

(6) Complete the sentence:
I just REALLY hope that Harbour Lights does not....

Rod Watson

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 05-22-2000).]