I wanted to share the following letter I received today from Guy Towers, President of the St. George Reef Lighthouse Preservation Society:

"I am writing on behalf of the Board of Directors of the St. George Reef Lighthouse Preservation Society to offer our heartfelt thanks to you and the Harbour Lights Collectors for the $620 donation. Your support allowed us to install a secure roof on the lighthouse only days before the winter storms began and it has been raining ever since. In addition to the roof, we also made good progress on the giant cleanup effort on the inside of the tower and hosted a filming crew from the "Hisotry Channel" who are doing a documentary on the restoration of U.S. lighthouses. It may be released in six months and should give the restoration of St. George nation wide coverage.

Many, many thanks; Harbour Lights collectors have made a real difference in the restoration of St. George and helped guarantee its future."

Guy also included a photocopy of pictures of the completed lantern (it looks really great) and the temporary roof being put on the light. I have sent guy a note to see if we can get a copy of those pictures to post here. In the meantime, here is a little info on the light and the SGRLPS .

Thanks to each of you who supported this effort and helped make possible this contribution.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 12-04-2001).]