I had a great time meeting other collectors and trying especially hard to connect with people in my neck of the woods to discuss mustering up a collector's club in the Pittsburgh area (I didn't get a chance to meet Barbara Kemple though...but I will be emailing you). But its impossible to meet everyone. I met a lot of supernice unconnected people on the cruise and at meals and encouraged them to give the forums here a try.

Personal highlights of the Weekend:

Winning a LLOM Point Arena in a music trivia game on the cruise...and getting a "tattoo" of Cape Hatteras on-the-move on my forehead.

The Seahorse exhibit at the Aquarium...weren't those Sea Dragons cool?

The tension during the auctions and drawings. (I was especially excited to see Laurie get the light bulb and the Marsden's from MD win the Hooper Straight water color).

But the best event of all was the Delmarva lighthouse tour yesterday. The original plans had to be altered but the replacements were outstanding. John (and he certainly more than lived up to his saintly title) did a superb job in organizing the tour...Mispillon was my favorite. A sad looking light in its current state but with some fixing up it would be beautiful. If I find some time I need to check into some details about that light.

[This message has been edited by DocJ44 (edited 10-09-2001).]

Doc John