One phrase comes to me as I try and express myself about the reunion. "I had the time of my life, and I owe it all to Harbour Lights".

Like Sue, this was my first reunion. Having a great time was a given, as HL always strives and does a "first-class" job. But, I had no idea just what a memorable week it would truly be.

A group of us began on Sunday, Sept. 30th. Several from the Tampa HL club were gracious and met me at the BWI airport. We traveled to Havre' de Grace for a tour of Concord Point and then a great meal together. (See photo in Paul's journey's.) On Monday, 6 of that group went out on the choppy Chesapeake and saw many lights. Tuesday was a trip out to Cape Charles and a great climb up Assateague.

Arriving in Baltimore and seeing friends from both Tampa and from these Forums was like going to a "Family Reunion". Getting checked in was a bit worrisome, but the hotel was a great place to be with lots and lots of room for all attending. Sue, the beds were great!

Harbour Lights planned and presented us with a wonderful event from Thursday to Sunday. No detail was left for us to worry with and we were lavished with great gifts and opportunities to share our love of lighthouses. The total amount raised for restoration and New York thru the opportunity drawing alone was stupendous. The auction that brought in much more on Sunday was unbeliveable.

The opportunity to share with other collectors, the serious restoration work that our different clubs are involved with was fun, educational, and profitable. So many collectors who came by the Tampa booth, had no idea where Anclote Key was located, but walked away commenting on our efforts and happy to see what the club is trying to accomplish.

Thankfully, most SWA flights were leaving on time and I arrived home by 9:30. Memories of the week were dancing in my head and my heart was full. Beautiful people having a great time is always memorable. My body was exhausted, sleep came quickly. But, you know what? I'm ready to go again.

Harbour Lights continues to amaze me! Thanks for everything Bill, Nancy, Kim, Maureen, "KB", Harry, and all the crew that worked "your buns off" to help the 830 attending to "have the time of their life". You know that I love you all!

Derith