So sorry to read about your misfortune Henry. Sure hope you had them insured but yes, in the mean time, you have those new Reunion pieces to fill the void.

What a super event! This was my first Reunion and only now can I appreciate how great they are. I can't even begin to imagine the planning and effort that was required to make this such an enjoyable time for all of us. Heartfelt thanks go out to everyone involved - Bill, Nancy and the entire HL "Crew" - all others who contributed their time and talents, many from right here in the collector forums - those collector club members who manned their booths and helped during registration and various activities. Many collectors gave up much of their reunion time for the benefit of the rest. Saying thank you just doesn't seem enough.

While lots of folks thought and still think that a Reunion on the Great Lakes would be way cool, last weekend in Baltimore just couldn't be beat. (And yes it would have been "way cool" last week-end in the GL, lol!) The Inner Harbor location was so nice, especially for me as I'd never been there. Lots to see and do and the hotel was super, the location fabulous and what a view from my room! Sipping morning coffee while overlooking the harbor while it still slept was marvelous. And the beds! Usually one can't wait to get home to one's own bed but not this time. These were like sleeping on a cloud. Then after dark when all the lights were twinkling and the stadium lights were on we could at least observe from a distance what we could only watch on TV - a truly historic event as Cal Ripkin completed his career.

On Friday morning we observed the U.S. Constellation as she left port for the first time in over 30 years to make the short journey to the Fells Point area. And a bit later in the day we met the Coast Guard training ship Eagle as she passed our Cruise boat heading for the Inner Harbor where she docked and opened for tours.

Of course the best part of the Reunion was the opportunity to meet with each other. While not quite being able to catch up with each and every one of the "Connected Collectors" it wasn't for lack of trying! For those of you whom I accosted more than once while grabbing your badge and asking, "Have I met you yet?" I appologize! Hopefully some of the non-connected will soon join our ranks - they were especially impressed by Dave's classy badges!

Leaving on Sunday was a hectic, hurried affair as those heading out via the highways and skyways jostled with those remaining who were to board the tour buses for yet another lighthouse trip. During the shuttle ride to the airport we traveled through a sea of Ravens fans as they anxiously awaited the beginning of their game. Purple was everywhere.

Yet one more piece of history unfolded before this joyful weekend was to end. While waiting at a lounge in the airport the news reached those present of the attacks on Afghanistan. I had just sat down in the neighbooring Burger King which was divided from the lounge by a mostly glass partition. The lounge was filling quickly as those walking the hallway were each in turn drawn to the TV that was tuned to CNN. As I observed the emotion on the many faces it was evident what what happening. Taking my tray to the lounge my suspicions were confirmed. While this was a sad ending to a wonderful weekend it was truly heartening to observe that those who appeared most interested and concerned were the young faces in the crowd. While everyone has been affected in some way by the events of the past month and most have strong feelings regarding them, this is no doubt a war of the new generation.

After a half-hour delay due to a mechanical problem my flight finally took off at 5:30pm. Flying at 14,000 feet with the sun on my face and the fluffy white clouds at our feet I couldn't help but wonder at the beauty of the skys as I recalled the happier events of the weekend while remembering those on a certain four previous flights as their daydreams turned into tragedy.