Dave: Have been ill and just now catching up on the Forums. I just want to say that I think your idea for a lanyard and badge is terrific. And the wacko pin committee appreciates your wonderful idea to coordinate both your and John's project with the wacko pin project in terms of raising money for the Southeast Block Island lighthouse, which is the one the Forum members chose. This double donation should show their Board how dedicated the Forum readers are in saving lighthouses.

I hope this will become an annual project on your part and that you will consider sending the donations to the same lighthouse as appears on future Wacko pins, as a way to strengthen the over-all donation amount.

I am curious about the width of the lanyard you will be using, only because I spent some holiday time this year at Disney World, where pin collecting is now the HOT activity for adults there. Disney is selling an inch-wide black lanyard for pin collectors to display their Disney pin collection and it is quite a striking method.

If your lanyard is that wide, it would be a handy place for us all to wear and display our Wacko pins. I tried it out, and the St. George pin looks great as the two pin backs run vertically. The Morris Island pin runs horizontally and fits best at the very end of the lanyard where the two fabric straps make a "V". The HL Society pins would look very attractive also on this lanyard. Sort of like wearing all of your Boy Scout or Girl Scout badges on display!! Maybe you could keep this idea in mind when you decide upon the width of your lanyard.

Just a brief note: The Wacko 2002 pin order forms are about to come online, as the design is headed for China. May both of these projects be a huge success and raise a lot of money for a very needy lighthouse --- Southeast Light on Block Island.

Keeping the Flame, Barb

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper