I have made the decision this morning that I will not be attending the reunion. At $826 plus traveling expenses, parking, additional days for lighthouse tours, incidental expenses, etc. the cost will be more than I can justify. Even if it were possible to attend as a daytime attendee finding a reasonably priced hotel in the downtown area is nearly impossible.

There are many other times throughout the year when one has the opportunity to meet the Younger crew and fellow collectors/wackos - Collectible shows, regional signing events and individual signing events. The cost of attending these can range from much less expensive to darn near free.

While it would be great to be able to meet some of you who are from distant areas, paying this much money for that opportunity is just not possible.

Now I don't mean to rag on HL! They have set up what appears to be a very nice reunion. While all indications point to the fact that no one who wants to attend is supposedly going to be turned away, the fact remains that out of all the thousands of collectors the vast majority will not attend for whatever reason. Perhaps some of them due to cost reasons.

I do believe that most "collectors" have collections that vary from "just a few pieces" to "complete collections". Those like myself who have no intention to try to amass anywhere near a complete collection, mainly due to cost are probably not going to try to attend.

I do think it is a great opportunity, thanks to St. John and many others, that we have the opportunity to meet with each other on a daily basis, if desired, here at the forums regardless of collection sizes or cash flow. So this is where my reunion will continue to take place! This is a fine group of people who make everyone feel welcome.

I do hope that all those who do attend the reunion in Baltimore have a wonderful time and that you do not let any conflicts come between you. Planning and executing such an endeavor without problems along the way is not easy.