Bob,

"Everyone should realize that Younger & Associates are bending over backwards to make their HL Collector's Family happy. If they improvise on a few things, so be it. They are not contractually or legally obligated in any way when it comes to how they handle the reservations. There is no calling your Union Rep to file a grievance on this matter."

I have not disagreed with the main thrust of this in my concerns. i think you are still ignoring the main thrust of my concerns.

Yes I agree that Harbour lights is a business and has the right to do business in the manner that they wish. i have no problem with that concept as long as they deign to tell us truthfully how it is they intend to do business.

I wolud not like it if they came out with the rules for registering for the Reunion and set it up exactly as you suggest. I would at least know what my chances were. i object to the official publications of the company stating one thing when the actual system is something else.

I do not object specifically to putting some consumers of their product in a special category. I object to being misled and effectively lied to .

As I also said before I recognize that it is a business , not a charity. I understand the logic and the economics of the decision. I don't understand the secrecy.

Dennis