You’re preaching to the choir Dennis. I agree. I wrote these same concerns to HL trying to alert them to the fact that feelings were going to be hurt but the decision had been made and the clubs already notified. There are many people who will not join clubs because they simply don't want to be involved in the politics of membership. There are also those that would like to join but live in areas with no clubs or areas with few collectors and no potential for future clubs. You are absolutely correct that there is not one collector that is anymore important than the next. We all spread the message of lighthouse preservation regardless of money or affiliation. I'll just repeat what I've tried to say above, Harbour Lights is a small company; they make mistakes and don't always have great contingency planning. I can guarantee you that the dates of these known events probably never entered HLs minds when they picked the 14th as the registration date. It's my understanding that Bill and Nancy will actually be at a Festival on the 14th. So you are correct that they had to know of the conflicts. They just didn't consider them. I believe that Harbour Light's ethics are still those that we are describing. There is no sinister plot to cater to clubs. It was simply Harbour Lights trying to do what they think is the right thing. Do nothing and you hurt people’s feelings. Make the decision you hurt peoples feelings.

I am not trying to squash opinion. I have just had the luxury of having a couple extra days than some of you to think about this. If you agree or disagree sound off, this is just my opinion after talking with Harbour Lights and understanding their struggle.

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 09-26-2000).]