Sean,

I understand your points. I found it strange that the registration was set for a day that a number of other events were being planned for.

The fact that these events were planned for this day was not unknown and could have been planned for.

I maintain that those who are participating in organized events, be it Lighthouse related or other interests, are going to have a tough time calling in. It should , however, be a level playing field.

I also feel that if they (Harbour Lights) felt the need to change the rules they should have made it known to all. I agree that it might have been difficult to do so whith the timing of the mailing of Legacy, but there also was no announcement on the Website.

This particular place( and I don't mean the forums, i mean the OFFICIAL website for HL) can be changed literally in minutes.

It should have been done that way and all who have a legitimate conflict could be accommadated. Why should only some people be accommadated? It is just not fair to all of the other collectors.

Of course, I also agree that this is only an opinion . And I also agree that there will be two unwavering sides on this issue. It appears that the die is cast and they will do as they see fit.

Do you think if I send in a letter from the President of the NJ Lighthouse Society or a copy of the certificate i will possibly get for visiting all 11 of the lighthouses involved that I could be accomadated?

It's just a rhetoracal question as I don't intend to ask for special treatment.

As a closing point- there is no guarantee that all that want to get to the Reunion will be accomadated. there are more people collecting now then before and ther may not be enough openings for all those who do get thru on the 14th. That's the main reason I'm perturbed by this situation.

I think all those interested in attending should be given an equal oppurtunity to attend. The act of letting even one person do their registration differently (other than those actively running the event or performing some official function there) is wrong. i know it's their company, I know it's their reunion, I know they can do as they please. I have but one question left- How can they choose which customers are the important ones? I guess there is still strength in mumbers. Individuals don't count as much as groups. I understand the logic and economics. After all it is a business, not a charity.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 09-26-2000).]