For the 1997 Reunion, I registered the month before, a month after the 'cutoff' date and got in.

For 1998, I was told that everyone who called in on registration day and those who gave up trying (and told HL the following week that they gave up trying) were able to get in. Some people were told on registration day that the list had been filled but were offered a place on a 'wait list'. They were contacted later and offered a chance to attend. Some took up the offer, some did not.

Why can't HL state a number that will be able to attend? HL has committed to a specific number of hotel rooms. The rooms might hold from 1-4 individuals.

I don't know how many rooms are reserved by Harbour Lights; but for example, let's say it is 300. If they had half the rooms singles and half doubles, then 450 could be accomodated. If one-quarter were singles, one half doubles and one-quarter had 4 to a room, then:

75 x 1 = 75
150 x 2 = 300
75 x 4 = 300

675 could attend. When you book a convention like this, you are guaranteeing that the number of rooms you are holding will fill OR you have to pay for any EMPTY rooms. Yes, there is some flexibility this far out. You might be able to reduce or expand the number of rooms by some percentage of the original reservation.

There are some other factors which might limit the number of attendees - such as the number who can fit onto the available cruise vessels or in the ballroom for dinner.