In addendum to my post after reading some of the previous...it sounds like quite a few people want the next reunion to be somewhere on the Great Lakes. I am a fellow Michigander and have had the priveledge (sp?) of being able to see nearly every lighthouse in the state (some multiple times) and there are uncovered treasures in the UP that so few people know about. I agree that Mackinac would be a fantastic place to host it, being central to both penninsulas as well as plenty of hotel space between Mackinac City and St. Ignace. Traverse City would be a second choice due to size and location (all the lighthouses down the Lake Michigan side) and still only be 1 1/2 hour from Mackinac bridge. I think the best route to go hotel wise (also being a former travel agent) is for HL to get negotiated rates with different properties for the convention (and this is something I'd be more than happy to assist with if someone who plans the convention reads my post) and that gives people a choice of where to stay and also caters to the more budget-conscious minded and then set up a central meeting place with a conference facility as the main location. It's certainly not too late this year to plan for 2000. You could very easily set something up for the first or second week in May for northern Michigan - the weather is decent and you're still on off-rate hotel rates and not as busy with summer travellers. Just another two cents.

Jen