I have no clue as to why new folks register but don't post. I have read this board long before I became a member. I became a member when I needed to voice my interests and wishes for HL's.

As for where have all the oldtime posters gone, I suspect Dennis is correct, many have lost their interest in collecting HL's or just don't want to talk about them anymore.

I'm still a newbie, so the only time I see many names posting in the same thread is when I looks at threads that are from 5 or 6 years ago and older.

Its safe to say the lack of posting is directly related to the slow down in collecting, the large amount of store closings, no more reunions, the lack of interest or finances to attend regionals or store events.

It's very sad to think about. That if this continues, HL collecting will be a thing of the past. I currently have a "kid in the candy shop" enthusiasum for Harbour Lights. I wish there were more collects like me. Have too many become Scrooge collectors? Do some need a visit from the HL collector ghosts from the past, present and future to see where this is headed?

I sure would like to know why folks don't post or collect anymore. And I know many are financially hit. I'm there!

eek I knew I shouldn't have had that third cup of coffee this morning !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.