Perhaps it just seems like the same subjects just get rehashed over and over again. Maybe we have to be more creative in subject matter, topics, etc. in order to get the "juices" flowing for some members.
Perhaps the new members here don't feel comfortable in posting because they just don't know enough about all of us. Websites such as Facebook and Myspace, etc. are becoming more and more popular because they are very personal. I know that there are members of this forum who also frequent those websites.
Having said that, people are also wary of the internet. It's a great place to hide one's true self, if you will, behind a facade. I know that as an internet retailer, I have to reach out to my customers and deal with them as if I were the neighborhood gift shop down the street. People want interaction, but in this day and age, it is very difficult to develop trust. And let's face it, this and nearly every other social website is based on trusting those others whom you are in contact with. It is easier to trust someone when you know more about him/her.
Please, if you are new to these forums, just because you see only a limited amount of people posting, don't feel like we don't value your thoughts and opinions. We do! It's always refreshing to see a new perspective on things. Even if we don't agree with your opinions or point of view, we respect your right to think as you do. As a businessman, if I thought I knew everything and didn't listen to others, I would never be successful. Others see things from a different viewpoint, and I have learned a great deal from people who aren't "experts", but have shown me a different way to look at things.
Rich, perhaps we need a new topic in which we all can tell everyone else more about ourselves, our backgrounds, interests, and why we care so much about lighthousing and HL's. Maybe others would feel more confident about the members of this forum and feel more like joining our "family", as I've come to find the people here as. Just as family there are those who you don't get along with, and others who are like best friends, but in the end, you're all part of the same group.
We really DO care about what is on your mind, and we'd like to make everyone here feel like you're welcomed and part of this "family".

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html