In regards to next years society changes I am looking at it this way. In regards to Rich's comment about not looking a gift horse in the mouth, since we are paying $39 for a one year membership they are giving us a "free" lighthouse. Say that lighthouse would have a regular retail price of $60. The dealers would pay $30 for it and sell it for $60. If HL can sell it to the dealers for $30 and we are paying $39 a year for our membership, then HL is making $9 on each free piece.

Since we no longer will receive the Legacy in the mail or the free pin and print, our $39 membership will show a profit for HL. However, with our membership we are now entitled to purchase exclusive members only pieces from HL at an additional 50% profit per piece. Needless to say these exclusive pieces will undoubtedly show up on ebay for a discounted price where non-members can purchase them at a bargain.

Yes, I will probably continue my membership because I do feel a certain loyalty to HL after all these years of belonging but loyalty is a two-way street.

Tom