Cleaning out non-members is a one by one effort I do believe. Educated guess based on the number of applicants that are rejected this week would be that 4000 of the registered people are not allowed to post. Thats a lot of one by one effort, and the process is not a simple one.

I like the idea of limiting posting in the Trading Post to Wacko and above. I don't think we want to limit viewing to Wackos because many of those who might be shopping would possibly be the newer members so we would hurt ourselves.

I am frustrated by the dumping that goes on here. I can understand a person who needs the money or room just wants to move their HL to a new owner, but John is right that it devalues everyone's collection. Many of you know that Mike Kaiser and I agreed to help Fred's estate by selling his collection, a very complete one. While we are not expecting premium prices for the newer models, having an unknown list their collection at 25-30% of retail makes everyone think this is the "going" price. This is not always the case. There are lights among the newer releases that do carry their value.

There are in some cases too many sub-varieties of related topics. However, there are often valid and fun conversations going on in the many diverse forums. This really is a big extended family. Many have gotten to know each other here on the net, and a number of us have been fortunate enough to meet in person at HL or other lighthouse events. The conversations in the forums may often take on a hint of the closeness shared by many - the cheap shots (and, I do love to take the occassional cheap shot....), the chiding, the sharing of thoughts are all part of what makes this a great place to spend your time.

Thanks to all who contribute and who continue to share your thoughts and ideas.