this is interesting!

I'm going to have to disagree with the notion that 50 posts are few, and encouraging! I've been on here for several weeks, and everyday, trying to get involved with many of the topics! I've started several discussions, including this one,and still haven't reached that magical level. (not that I care). I believe most new commers are here to talk lighthouses. Why would there have to be an "achievement" to collaborate with all the discussions! I think the sure numbers who are involved is the evidence, this doesn't work!

And Judy, My "Graphics" were not to be-little your status of "Wacko". You see, My whole point was,, it shouldn't be about the number of posts. And, I simply don't care about the prestige of that honor status. I'm kinda thinking you guys see this, more so, as a "Club" rather than a talk forum. I'm on here only to talk and share with other folks who have the same interest in harbour lights and lighthouses,, you can call me anything you want!
That's nice you welcome me. Although, I say that with a slight twitch. And regarding "more about me". you should go back and read my many posts in the short time with you. I believe I've expressed much about myself! and more so than MOST have in the last 2 or 3 weeks!
Is there any of you who have posted 50 posts in the last 3 weeks! Take a look,,,,how many have you posted in that time?
Oh and Judy, I see that your the NELL director! As a newbie, I noticed that thread at the bottom of the board, and was bewildered as to why I couldn't interact with others from that area!
You see my gal and I are planning a lighthouse trip this weekend up there, and wanted to talk with others in that area!
These are the kind questions that came across my mind, and I'm sure, of many other "newbies",, and since I got ya;
-why are you excluding yourself from others on this board?
-are you a club?
-does members of NELL interact with the rest of the board?
-what must you do to be a part of NELL?
-what do you guys do differnetly than the rest of the board?

I'm truly interested for the answers!

You know, back to my point,as to what keeps newbies talking and involved, IT IS sharing with others their simular interests WITHOUT having to prove themselves! AND, the feeling of comradery. Unless, this is a Club? This is kinda ironic for me,,, I ride a motorcycle, and with other bike enthusiests. We were recently confronted by the gang the "Outlaws", who also told us the rules! You see, the patch on our backs included the word Florida! They didn't like that!(I know off topic)

Never the less, I'm sure you see, as all us "newbies" do, there are only about 10 or 15 of you that are continuously active on here!
It's kinda like the new lady at the Bridge party!

Rusty
check out all my lighthouse photo's here;
http://travel.webshots.com/album/487578687vrLTkI