rj- you have a very valid point in what you say pertaining to newbees, however, let me elaborate on the whys of the decisions as they were explained to me. When I first started 8 years ago, as Dennis said, there were many conversations going on and you could easily reach the 50 posts in less then a week if you wanted to. There were others that were content to just read the posts(and there still are) that didn't care if they reached Wacko status. To encourage members to post, certain goals were established too encourage members. The goals are easily reached and the membership fee when you reach Wacko status is not outrageous(2 Krispy Kremes per member, but, the postal fees will kill you). The challenge to post a poll and reach Wacko status with 50 posts is a good goal and sorta like gold stars when you were a kid or getting your own car as a teenager. You have to work for what you get or it isn't worth a hill of beans and I garrantee you will enjoy it more if you work for it. The next goal of 500 posts for Super Wacko status might take a little more time. It took me a year to reach Super Wacko but it was a real joy when I reached it.

Rich