Probably not directly into your browser from inside the forums - that is unless you have a browser capable of displaying the movie, and I'm not aware of any. Indirectly - well yes, but ...

You should be able to do a process similar to what takes place with the spreadsheet download. The trick is for the Web server and client PC to recognize the ".mpg" extension. (This is called a 'MIME type'). A Web server will download just about anything. You want your PC to recognize the file type (mpeg) then automatically launch a player. This would take place outside the browser - in the same way Excel is launched outside the browser for those who use Netscape to d/l the spreadsheet. As noted earlier, even MS won't run MPEGs inside the browser although they can run a copy of Word or Excel inside the browser.

So yes - in the same way you can d/l my spreadsheet, you can d/l an MPEG file then play it locally outside the browser. Assuming of course you have a player. And it may have to be done from a normal Web page, and not from inside the UBB software. This may require a little experimentin'.

The Web typically will use a technique like JC uses to display the rotating Pt. Arena beacon - a series of GIFS. But that doesn't work well for a big animation. Alternatively, the hotshot way is through something like the ShockWave plug-in. But we won't go there - at least not this early in the morning.

I'm not an expert on this topic and this answer is as valuable as what you've paid for it. ;-> There could be an approach I'm not aware of of, so this may not be definitive.

MPEGs and AVIs are often quite large. Sometimes they need to be broken up into chunks then reassembled at their destination. The download time can be lengthy for those running 28.8-56.6 modems and one should have a pretty darn good movie to warrant the patience. :-)

Eventually, with enough bandwidth, we'll watch TV (heaven forbid) and movies over our computers. Can you say "cable modem"? DVD is a digital format available today - it should give you some idea of what the future will bring.

Self animated no download required,
__
/im