Hi John,
It's interesting that you brought up the 1998 Reunion. My husband and I have been talking about it all week wishing it was last year and we were still in New England! We did our own touring of Maine lights up to Portland from Boston. We did tour with the group to Cape Cod. It was a great way to relax, tour lighthouses, and visit with HL friends from the 1997 Reunion. I remember it being so windy at Chatham, that we couldn't get our group picture. I think this is also where Paul Brady discovered the difference in the HL model and the real lighthouse. The day was running late but all on board the bus still voted to drive to Nobska. We were able to take beautiful pictures at dusk. I do remember getting stuck on a bridge that couldn't hold the weight of the bus.(I'm sure glad I wasn't the driver) Overall, the reunion and trip to the east was the highlight of 1998. I have missed the excitement and hype by not having a 1999 reunion to look forward to. Hopefully, 2000 is just around the corner and we can all gather together as friends, HL lovers, and internet wackos for the next reunion.