John: thank you for your input and suggestions. The idea of an article in the Legacy is valid. I have gone that route before but with no success at that time. Unfortunately most any magazine has a 2 to 3 month advance deadline to get an article included; and I am sure that the next Legacy is wrapping up about now and almost ready to mail. Waiting until the issue after that would be just too long to help out this time. But for the 2004 pin, we will be happy to accept your influence in getting an article printed there. I have always maintained that it would be most valuable to our pin project, and any lighthouse preservation project, to have the general HL Society membership be made aware of what "options to help" are out there on the Forums.

Darlene has posted as to how many pins we are short, and hopefully through the generosity of those who have already posted their willingness to order another pin, plus new orders coming in this week, our shortage will be overcome. Thanks to all of you who have posted your support here.

Just a note: Though we do post pin notices here on Club News, we try to use the Preservation Forum, so far, as our "central clearinghouse" for longer discussions. It might be easier for others to find this discussion, if the moderator could please move these last few posts over to the Preserv. forum. Thank you for all your comments and support.

Barb

ladylightkeeper