I just sent the following email to our club members informing them of the club being honored for their work at the Old Michigan City lighthouse.. I am posting it here in the forums because many of you have shared in our efforts by supporting our opportunity drawings in raising funds to pay for our projects at the lighthouse..

Next Tuesday evening the club will be honored for their work at the lighthouse.. Doyne, Cindy and Jackie will ably represent us at the La Porte County Historical Society's dinner and meeting. In the words of their historian who contacted Kat and Larry through our website..

"The Hoosier Lighthousing Club was nominated and chosen by the committee for the award for 2008 for the organization currently preserving La Porte County History."

This award is for everyone who has not only worked at the lighthouse but those who over the years have helped us raise funds for the many projects. I gave Bill Younger a call today informing him of the award for the club and he was thrilled.. I have also emailed Don and Tony at Harbour Lights about the honor.

Congratulations,

Paul L Brady

p.s. An 150th anniversary celebration for the Old Michigan City Lighthouse will be held on August 9, 2008 at the lighthouse. Everybody is encouraged to attend and help celebrate the anniversary.. Entertainment will be provided by folk singer, Lee Murdock..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!